Events & Deadlines
Department of Psychology Symposium: Monday, April 22, 2019
Students are invited to share their work by presenting their research at the Annual Department of Psychology Student Symposium to be held on Monday, April 22, 2019. Please consult with your research faculty advisor to decide if you should present your work.
- By April 1: Students must register to present by completing the on-line form. Students who do not register by the deadline will not appear in the program. Symposium registration form.
- By April 8: If you need a poster printed for this event, please submit an electronic copy of your finalized poster to Tammy Mundy (email@example.com; 568-6114; Miller 1120).
- April 22: Symposium is in Madison Union Ballroom
- Poster Session 1: 10:30-11:45 (set-up at 10:00)
- Keynote/Lunch: noon-12:45
- Poster Session 2: 1:00-2:15 (set-up at 12:45)
- Oral Presentations: 2:30-3:45
Present Your Research – Publication / Presentation Opportunities. After consulting with your research faculty advisor, you can determine whether it is appropriate to present your research project at a conference or publish it in a journal. The process to get your work presented at a professional meeting or published in a journal is competitive. When investigating this opportunity, please note any submission deadlines.
- Virginia Association for Psychological Science - April 18, 2019
- L Starling Reid Undergraduate Psychology Conference - April 19, 2019
- Georgetown Undergraduate Research Conference: April 18, 2019
- Department of Psychology Symposium: April 22, 2019.
- Virginia Academy of Science: May 23, 2019
- James Madison Research Journal - Journal seeking undergraduate research manuscripts.
Note: If you present/publish your research, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.