Why Choose JMU Assessment & Measurement?
The Assessment and Measurement Ph.D. program provides students with the knowledge, technical skills, and practical experience they need to take positions as psychometricians, assessment specialists, faculty members, quantitative methodologists in research organizations and corporations, and many other areas.
Our Students and Alumni are Engaged
- Strong commitment to student development through small classes with individual mentoring and advising by faculty.
- Development of professional skills through applied projects and experiences, including working with faculty committees on assessment-related issues.
- Involvement in applied assessment projects in academic majors, general education, and student affairs, through the Center for Assessment and Research Studies.
- Opportunities to learn software for statistical analyses, item response theory, computer-based testing, and a variety of specialized measurement applications.
- Development of interpersonal, consulting, and professional communication skills.
- Opportunity to participate in all phases of the assessment process working in an internationally recognized assessment program with leading professionals in the field.