Application Process for to Ph.D. Program
For Students Who Already Hold a Master's Degree
The application opens October 15. To receive full consideration, applications should be submitted by January 10.
Students applying to the Assessment and Measurement Ph.D. program should indicate that they will begin the program in summer semester. Applicants who are unable to begin during the summer semester should contact the program director (email@example.com) to make alternate arrangements. However, such applicants should still indicate a summer starting date
- Completion of an advanced degree (M.A./M.S. or Ed.S.) in psychology, education, statistics or related field
- General GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and analytic writing)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs attended
- Letters of recommendation and supplementary materials as described below
During the online application process, you will be prompted to enter specific information and to upload several documents. Documents may be in pdf or MS Word format. These documents include:
- Personal Statement
In a separate document, describe your personal and professional goals for graduate study and describe how this program will help you meet these goals.
- A current professional vita or resume
- Representative work samples demonstrating current professional skills (e.g., research reports, validity studies)
- Description of your program assessment and evaluation experience
In a separate document, describe any relevant experiences you have had performing empirical research, particularly evaluation studies. For each study, include: where and when the study was performed, your level of independence on the project, your supervisor's name and position, and the impact of the study in terms of changes or modifications to an existing program.
Letters of Recommendation
You will also need to select three individuals who are knowledgeable of your academic performance and relevant volunteer or professional work to complete a recommendation for you. These recommendations will be completed electronically as part of the online application process. You will provide contact information for your references, and the Graduate School will send them information about the online recommendation form.
Clicking 'Apply Now' will open a new window with the graduate school online application.