Application Process for the Combined M.A./Ph.D. Program
For Students Who Do NOT Hold a Master's Degree
All graduate applications are now completed online through the Graduate School. Begin the online application process. The application opens October 15. To receive full consideration, applications should be submitted by January 10.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree (B.A./B.S.) in psychology, education, statistics, or related field
- General GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and analytic writing)
- Transcripts from all undergraduate programs attended
- Letters of recommendation and supplementary materials as described below
During the online application process, you will be prompted to enter specific information and to upload several documents. Documents may be in pdf or MS Word format. These documents include:
- Personal Statement
In a separate document, describe your personal and professional goals and how this program will help you meet these goals. In your statement, please discuss why you are interested in this field of study and in our program in particular, and the type(s) of career(s) you would like to pursue in the future. You may also indicate your research interests and preferences for an advisor.
- A current professional vita or resume
- Representative work samples demonstrating current professional skills (e.g., research papers or reports)
In a separate document, describe any relevant experiences you have had performing assessment-related or other research. Be sure to provide the following information for each study you have been personally involved with:
- where and when the study was performed
- your level of independence on the project
- a brief summary of the results and the impact or implications of the results
Letters of Recommendation
You will also need to select three individuals who are knowledgeable of your academic performance and relevant volunteer or professional work to complete a recommendation for you. These recommendations will be completed electronically as part of the online application process. You will provide contact information for your references, and the Graduate School will send them information about the online recommendation form.
Clicking 'Apply Now' will open a new window with the graduate school online application.