Thomas E. & Sherry Woodroof Rogowski Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes a single student who has a record of exceptional experiences and performance from among her or his peers. The award is made possible by the generous donations of JMU alumni, Thomas E. & Sherry Woodroof Rogowski.
2018 Award Recipient
- Has conducted research with Dr. Lindsey Harvell-Bowman on perceptions of death in suicidal individuals and with Dr. David Szwedo on early predictors of juvenile delinquency.
- Has served as a teaching assistant in Dr. Kala Melchiori’s research methods course. In this role, she led review sessions, proctored exams, and helped with student assessments.
- Has been involved in service activities at the Arc of Harrisonburg, the Fairfield Mediation Center, and the JMU Counseling Center.
- Worked with a local after-school program to help improve academic performance in at-risk and low-income middle-school students.
- Plans to pursue a career that combines psychology and law.
2017 Award Recipient
- Has served as a research assistant under the Supervision of Dr. Kenneth Critchfield studying Interpersonal Reconstructive Therapy.
- Serves as secretary for the JMU chapter of Psi Chi International Honors Society.
- Completed an internship at the JMU Counseling Center.
- Volunteers at Keister Elementary in a Duo-lingo classroom.
- On-campus coordinator for the Psychology Service Organization.