JMU Leadership and Service Scholarship
This scholarship provides financial assistance to a junior-level student who demonstrates through their activities the core leadership values of service, attitude, teamwork, and excellence. This scholarship is awarded to a student committed to serving the greater JMU Community and/or the Harrisonburg/Rockingham County communities.
You can contribute to this scholarship fund by making a donation online.
2018 Award Recipient
- Has served as a research assistant under the Supervision of Dr. Kenneth Critchfield, studying Interpersonal Reconstructive Therapy, for seven semesters.
- Presented her research with Dr. Critchfield to the International Society for Psychotherapy Research, Toronto, Canada.
- Works with Dr. Kala Melchiori in her Gender and Intergroup Relations Lab for two semesters.
- Serves as secretary for the JMU chapter of Psi Chi International Honors Society.
- Completed an internship at the JMU Counseling Center.
- Volunteers at Keister Elementary in a Duo-lingo classroom.
- Completed a Field Placement at Western State Hospital.
- On-campus coordinator for the Psychology Service Organization.
- Received a competitive JMU Student Engagement Grant for her field placement work.
- Plans to pursue graduate work in clinical psychology.