Summer Internships and Opportunities
Whether you are interested in finding a job or attending graduate school, a summer internship can help you gain valuable skills. Note many programs have early application deadlines.
This blog posts psychology-related internship and job opportunities.
The National Institute of Health (NIH) also has a summer internship program: College Summer Opportunties to Advance Research (C-SOAR).
The following Universities and companies are seeking summer interns:
- Boston University – Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship.
- Columbia University/Barnard College – Summer Research Program focused on biology-related laboratory work.
- Dordt College – Ukraine Research Experience. The international projects include PTSD, risk factors for distress, subjective health, smoking/alcohol, dyadic model of partner violence.
- Frostburg State University – Tutors/Counselors.
- Indiana University – Animal Behavior Research.
- John Hopkins – Center for Talented Youth.
- University of Maryland – Summer Research Institute on Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences.
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln – Minority Health Disparities Initiative.
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte – Organizational Science Summer Institute.
- University of North Carolina, Charlotte – Crime Analytics Summer Program.
- Ohio State University – Language Science Research Lab.
- Ohio University – Treatment-Related Research for Youth with Social, Emotional, and Behavioral Problems.
- Pace University – Counseling Center Summer Internship Program.
- Texas Tech University – Human Factors.
- University of Virginia – Summer Undergraduate Research Program.
- Western Washington University – Multidisciplinary Data Integration Training for Globally Engaged Undergraduates.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison – Psychology Research Experience Program (PREP).
- Wediko Summer Program Internship – Children Services.
- Yale University – Comparative and Developmental Origins of Social Cognition.
- The National Science Foundation has a comprehensive list of Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU). More information.
Note: If you receive an internship, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Study Psychology Abroad
Students can earn JMU Psychology credit while studying abroad on these short-term experiences. During summer, students can earn PSYC 200 or PSYC 400 credit on the following trips:
- More information about study abroad opportunities