Events & Deadlines
Assessment Day. Psychology majors graduating in May/August/December 2019 are required to participate in Senior Assessments on the morning of Assessment Day - Tuesday, February 5, 2019. Classes are canceled from 8am-4pm on Assessment Day. On assessment day:
- Report to Miller Hall’s Main Lobby (outside Miller 1101) between 9:00-9:20am to check in, a light breakfast will be available
- Bring a #2 pencil and a printed copy of your unofficial transcript from MyMadison
- Unavoidable absence? Email the department at email@example.com to be scheduled for make-up assessment day (day and time TBD)
- Participation is required for graduation
Note, Underclassmen may have other assessments to attend on A-Day. Please see this link if you are not a senior: https://www.jmu.edu/assessment/Students/aboutAday.shtml.
Introductory Field Work Applications. Applications for Fall 2019 are dues on Friday, March 15 at noon. More information.
Present Your Research – Publication / Presentation Opportunities. After consulting with your research faculty advisor, you can determine whether it is appropriate to present your research project at a conference or publish it in a journal. The process to get your work presented at a professional meeting or published in a journal is competitive. When investigating this opportunity, please note any submission deadlines.
- Virginia Association for Psychological Science - April 18, 2019
- L Starling Reid Undergraduate Psychology Conference - April 19, 2019
- Georgetown Undergraduate Research Conference: April 18, 2019
- Department of Psychology Symposium: April 22, 2019.
- Virginia Academy of Science: May 23, 2019
- James Madison Research Journal - Journal seeking undergraduate research manuscripts.
Note: If you present/publish your research, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.