Casey Mitschele Dorsey Scholarship
This scholarship recognizes a single student who has a record of exceptional experiences and performance from among her or his peers. The award is made possible by the generous donations of JMU alumni, Casey M. Dorsey and her husband Jeffrey.
2018 Award Recipient
- Has worked in three research labs and presented research at multiple national, regional, and local conferences.
- Was awarded the Michael Serafino Award for Best Undergraduate Poster at the Society for Police and Criminal Psychology.
- Served as a TA for multiple sections of Biopsychology, Abnormal Psychology, and General Psychology
- Volunteers for the Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community and other organizations throughout Harrisonburg.
- Has earned President’s List recognition since the Fall of 2016.
2017 Award Recipient
- Works with Dr. Melanie Shoup-Knox conducting research with rats for which he has performed supervised surgery, written an IACUC (ethics board) proposal, engaged in behavioral testing, trained new members of the lab, engaged in administrative duties; he also works with Dr. Kethera Fogler to study perceptions of sexual assault victims.
- Served as a Psychology Peer Advisor and has presented PPA-related work at a regional conference.
- Completed Field Placement at RMH- Behavioral Health Unit
- Has been awarded the Jerry O. Haynes Memorial Award for Outstanding Seniors in the Department of Psychology and is the recipient of LiUNA Union Scholarship and the George Warren Chappelear Jr. Scholarship.