Graduating soon? Here's what you need to do:
- Print out the Graduation Application Checklist for Psychology Advisors. Download Form or visit Peer Advising (MI-1106) or the Psychology Department Office (MI-1120).
- Fill out the Graduation Application. Download Form or visit the Registration Services (Warren Hall), Peer Advising ([MI-1106)], or the Psychology Department Office [( MI-1120]). See Graduation Application Tips below.
- Bring these materials to faculty offices in the following order:
- Minor department head (if you have a minor)
- Second Major Advisor, and then Department Head (if you have a second major)
- First (Psychology) Major Advisor
- Bring the signed application to the Department of Psychology office (MI-1122) before the deadline:
- December graduation: April 15
- May graduation: October 15
- August graduation (walking in May, but taking summer courses to complete your program): February 15
Graduation Application Tips
- Only list classes required for graduation. (If you do NOT need the class to count towards the hours required for the Psychology major, it should NOT be listed)
- For courses that you have not yet completed, it is best to list the requirement instead of the specific class. For example, instead of listing "PSYC 495: Field Placement" you should list "Capstone Course." (This way if you can’t get into a field placement, you would still automatically graduate as long as a capstone is completed.)
- You should only list the major/minor courses that you plan to complete on the application form.
View a more complete graduation checklist.
View a more complete set of directions for the graduation application.