Sites differ in the skills, abilities, and knowledge that students can learn. Students will develop learning goals in conjunction with supervisors. Common learning goals may include:
- Ability to listen and respond to clients as customers.
- Development of effective verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Development of effective written communication.
- Increased awareness of one’s personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Acceptance of responsibility.
- Development of initiative and creative thinking.
- Development of critical thinking skills.