Objectives of Field Placement in Psychology are summarized as follows:
- To provide an overview of agency or organization services and procedures, including policies, and human resources in specific settings.
- To develop an orientation to the variety of problems and practices in an agency or organizational setting.
- To provide an awareness of a specific agency or organization in relationship to the total range of community services and activities.
- To develop sensitivity to and knowledge of factors which influence work in an agency or organization.
- To develop interpersonal skills in working with a select agency clientele or organization work force.
- To develop an understanding of professional ethics.