Mindfulness for the Counseling Professional:Improved Engagement with Children and Adolescents
Friday September 16, 2011
Montpelier Room, East Campus Dining Hall
At the completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
- explain the role of attachment and trauma history in shaping a person’s cycles of emotion dysregulation and regulation
- describe the tri-une nature of brain development and function
- describe the brain’s alarm system and the process of emotional hijacking
- explain all of the above brain basics as well as “brain hygiene” basics in accessible language for young people
- demonstrate three mindfulness exercises for focusing attention in ways that calm the mind and relax the body
Go to: https://quikpayasp.com/jmu/commerce_manager/payer.do?orderType=GradPsych for online registration. The cost for General Registration is $65 and $80 for General Registration with 6 CEU credits.
On-site parking will be available in Lot D3. This lot is open to faculty, staff and guests to the university. All students must park in a student lot. A printable campus map can be found at the following web link: http://www.jmu.edu/map/
If you have any questions regarding the workshop or registration, please contact Andrea Henriques at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-568-7857.