Student Awards and Scholarship Recipients
Outstanding Teaching Award
Presented to students who have demonstrated exceptional contributions in the area of teaching.
- Derek Sauder - Assessment and Measurement
- Jay Davis - Clinical and School Psychology Doctoral Program
- Matthew Bukowski - Counseling and Supervision
- Morgan Crewe- Psychological Sciences
- Matthew Wolf - Psychological Sciences
Outstanding Service Award
Presented to students who have made exceptional contributions in service to the Department of Graduate Psychology, University, community, or profession.
- Andrea Pope- Assessment and Measurement
- Virginia Larsen - Clinical and School Psychology Doctoral Program
- Carly Pine Clinical and School Psychology Doctoral Program
- Tiffanie Sutherlin – Counseling and Supervision
- Taylor Carrington - School Psychology
Outstanding Scholarship Award
Presented to students who have made exceptional contributions to research or scholarship in their field.
- Thai Ong – Assessment and Measurement
- Connesia Handford - Clinical and School Psychology Doctoral Program
- Ariel Marrero - Clinical and School Psychology Doctoral Program
- Brittany Dioszeghy – Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Nikole Gregg - Psychological Sciences
- Arsenio Moss - School Psychology
Most Distinguished Graduate Student Award
Presented to a student who has made exceptional contributions in scholarship, teaching, and service.
- Madison Holzman - Assessment and Measurement
2018 Jonathan Davis Memorial Scholarship
Established by Mr. & Mrs. Martin Davis in memory of their son, Jonathan Davis, who received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees from JMU in Psychology. Intended to benefit a JMU graduate student in psychology with a particular interest in suicide prevention or suicide studies. [Read More]
- Charles Shepard - Counseling and Supervision
- Stephanie Smith – School Psychology
2018 William Hall Award for Contributions to the Learning Community
Presented to the Counseling Psychology graduate student who has made outstanding contributions to the professional growth of other students and has significantly advanced the study of counseling.
- Angela Pezzella Clinical Mental Health Counseling
2018 Helen Moore Award for the Pursuit of Counseling Excellence
Presented to the Counseling Psychology graduate student who has been exemplary in pursuing counseling excellence.
- Kelsey Douglas - School Counseling
2018 Carl Swanson Award for Service to the Counseling Profession
Presented to the Counseling Psychology graduate student who has made significant contributions to the Program and profession.
- Mikaela Stinson – School Counseling
2018 Tina Kauten Memorial Service Award
Presented to the School Psychology student who has made significant contributions to the Program, to the professional growth of other students, and to the profession.
- Lyndsay Greene - School Psychology
2018 O. Ashton Trice Memorial Scholarship
This memorial scholarship is open to all School Psychology students and is awarded to the student with the highest GPA and exceptional academic performance, honoring the intent of the donor.
- Stephanie Smith - School Psychology
2018 Patrica Warner Scholarship
This scholarship supports future leaders and advocates in the field of School Psychology by recognizing a student who demonstrates outstanding potential for leadership and advocacy in School Psychology.
- Margaret Dassira – School Psychology
2018 School Psychology Community Partnership Award
This award is offered to Terri who has provided practicum-based supervision for students for many years in local school divisions. As a leader in state and national professional organization, Terri advocates for graduate student support. She models exemplary professional service for our students.
- Terri Sisson, Ed.S.