- Psy.D James Madison University (July, 1999)
- Ed.S. James Madison University (August, 1982)
- M.S. James Madison University (July, 1980)
- B.S. Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University (June, 1979)
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
- Coordination of mental health services for children and adolescents under Comprehensive Services Act and Community Services Boards; Improving data collection for academic interventions; and anger management for high risk youth.
- March 10-14
- May 9-10
- Dr. JoAnne Brewster has been named the 2013 recipient of The Eileen Gupton Award for Early Career Contributions in Police and Public Safety Psychology by Division 18 Police and Public Safety Section.
- Dr. Sara Finney has been selected to serve on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Educational Psychology. The main purpose of this APA journal is to publish original, primary psychological research pertaining to education across all ages and educational levels. The Journal of Educational Psychology is considered the “top” Educational Psychology journal (ranked by impact factor) and has an ~83% rejection rate (% of submitted manuscripts not accepted for publication in the journal). Sara will review ~10 articles per year during her two-year term on the Board. Sara also serves on the Editorial Board for the journal Educational and Psychological Measurement.
- View More Department Honors