- Ph.D., James Madison University (2004) Concentration: Assessment & Measurement
- Ed.S., University of Kansas (2000) Concentration: School Psychology
- B.A., University of Virginia(1997) Concentration: Psychology
Scholarly Interests/Research Topics
- Validity in higher education assessment
- Measuring cognitive and developmental changes in college students
- Dr. JoAnne Brewster has been named the 2013 recipient of The Eileen Gupton Award for Early Career Contributions in Police and Public Safety Psychology by Division 18 Police and Public Safety Section.
- Dr. Sara Finney has been selected to serve on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Educational Psychology. The main purpose of this APA journal is to publish original, primary psychological research pertaining to education across all ages and educational levels. The Journal of Educational Psychology is considered the “top” Educational Psychology journal (ranked by impact factor) and has an ~83% rejection rate (% of submitted manuscripts not accepted for publication in the journal). Sara will review ~10 articles per year during her two-year term on the Board. Sara also serves on the Editorial Board for the journal Educational and Psychological Measurement.
- View More Department Honors