Admission to Psy.D. Program in Clinical and School Psychology
Applications are received through the Graduate School at JMU. To initiate the process go to: http://www.jmu.edu/grad/prospective/.
Admission to the JMU Combined-Integrated Doctoral Program requires that applicants:
- have completed an advanced degree (M.A./M.S. or Ed.S.) in Clinical, School, or Counseling Psychology, or a closely related field. If you have any questions about whether or not you would qualify, contact Andrea Henriques at email@example.com.
- provide general GRE scores (verbal, quantitative, and analytic) and advanced Psychology GRE scores (previous GRE scores may be accepted);
- submit a personal statement that includes a brief autobiographical sketch outlining your professional experience, interests, and future plans. Also indicate why you think you would be a good fit with the Combined-Integrated Program at JMU and if there are any particular areas that intrigue you about our program or particular faculty members with whom you would like to work of professional goals;
- submit three letters of recommendation from professionals familiar with the student's academic work and relevant professional experiences;
- submit transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate programs attended;
- submit a current professional vita or resume;
- Applicants can also submit representative work samples of current professional skills (e.g., test reports, counseling summaries, etc.).
* For a period, the C-I program planned to transition to an accredited Ph.D. program. However, it became clear over time that such a process was going to be complicated and require the program to change more of its identity and curriculum than the faculty desired to do. As such, the program has decided to remain an accredited Psy.D. program, and discontinue the pursuit of being an accredited Ph.D. program.
Application Sequence and Procedures
The applicant review sequence is as follows (dates are approximate):
- Feb. 1: Application reviews begin
- Feb. 1-15: Selection of applicants to be invited for interviews
- Feb 17 Interviews (February 20: alternate interview day)
- Mar 1-10: Notification of acceptances
- March 15: Final date for notification of applicants.
- April 1: Deadline for student acceptances.
- May-July: Initial orientation information sent to incoming students.
- Late Aug.: Orientation for new students.
Five to seven full-time students are admitted each year. Priority will be given to application materials received by February 1, in anticipation of August admission. There will be a primary interview day that consists of group and individual interviews with both faculty and current students to provide applicants with information about the program and to assess abilities, characteristics, and readiness for the program. All applicants are notified of admission decisions no later than March 15.
Applications are received through the Graduate School at JMU. To initiate the process go to : http://www.psyc.jmu.edu/gradpsyc/admissions.html
- November 24-28
- December 8-12
- December 13
Commencement begins at 10 a.m. in the Convocation Center.