Special features of the doctoral program in assessment and measurement include:
- Strong commitment to student development through small classes with individual mentoring and advising by faculty.
- Development of professional skills through applied projects and experiences, including working with faculty committees on assessment-related issues.
- Involvement in applied assessment projects in academic majors, general education, and student affairs, through the Center for Assessment and Research Studies.
- Opportunities to learn software for statistical analyses, item response theory, computer-based testing, and a variety of specialized measurement applications.
- Development of interpersonal, consulting, and professional communication skills.
- Opportunity to participate in all phases of the assessment process working in an internationally recognized assessment program with leading professionals in the field.